Install aborted (See Message)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fac61270, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fac61270

fac61270 Registered Member

Task Bar: INS44.tmp - Bad Image
    Window: The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSSTDFMT.DLL in not a valid Windows image.
    Please check this against you installation diskette.

It was reccomended to abort installation of the spyware blaster software. Is there someone who can help solve my software challenge.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, searches on "MSSTDFMT.DLL" seem to show that it is a Visual Basic related component, and since SpywareBlaster is a VB application, I'm guessing it is a problem with how VB is install on your system, or perhaps, VB isn't even present on your system...

While the Microsoft VB kit does not seem to include the MSSTDFMT.DLL module itself, it's worth installing the VB kit anyway, just to make sure that that is not the problem. If this doesn't help, then let's see if Javacool can tell us what the fix may be.

Download and install the VB6 kit from this Microsoft link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe

If after doing the above, you end up with different missing or unregistered modules, then see this Javacool FAQ:

SpywareBlaster Troubleshooting and Tips & Tricks

Edit: As another possibility... if this error is actually referring to the spywareblaster installation kit itself being bad, then you might need to try downloading a new copy of it after trying the above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.