"Insert last archive" ... but wasn't such

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wirerider, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wirerider

wirerider Registered Member

I make a new scheduled task, my data, differential backup, and then when I try to run it, I get this message:

W00640070: Insert the last archive volume for appending the backup incrementally

Which doesn't seem to make sense since there was no last archive. When I give is a blank DVD (internal DVD drive works fine for many other apps) I get error

C0064006C Incremental backup is not possible....

I respond "yes, go ahead anyway" and get

W00640070: Insert the last archive volume for appending the backup incrementally

which doesn't respond to retry or format, only cancel...back to square one.

Any suggestions on what's going on here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You have to have a full backup before you can create a differential or incremental. Did you create a full backup earlier?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wirerider,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that thomasjk is correct and in order to create a differential/incremental backup you need to have a full backup first. Please see the chapter 3.2 "Full, incremental and differential backups" of the respective User's Guide for detailed information.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.