Injoy firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by anl74, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anl74

anl74 Registered Member

Hi, anyone have any user experience or in-depth info on this 'In-Joy' firewall? Advertises itself as one of these 'new multilayered multipurpose' products, but was wondering if its any good?
    Thanks.

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Judging from the description I would say that it offers some interesting features (hex dump of suspicious packets, traffic shaping) but it does not appear to offer the ability to restrict access by application (e.g. allow your web browser access to port 80 on other systems while blocking adware/spyware/trojans from having similar access).

With this in mind, I would suggest that it is unsuitable as the sole firewall for the home user, but would be useful on an ICS gateway (with ICS clients running another firewall to control application access) or a proxy server on a corporate LAN - and this does appear to be its target market.

3. serio

serio Guest

Hi!

I use the InJoy Firewall in several installations and have been for a while.

I've also tried most of the other software firewalls, but they just don't even come close.. The price for the flexibility and the power is that you will need to use just a little more time in the beginning, to get properly acquinted with all the features - but it's been really straightforward and intuitive to me.

There has never been a single challenge where InJoy Firewall didn't offer a solution and the day-to-day use is just a "joy" (in lack of a better word ;). I can highly recommend it, but it's true what the other posts says; that it doesn't offer application specific protection.

The real strenght of InJoy Firewall is if you are looking for a complete solutions and occasionally need traffic shaping, VPN tunnels, NAT, etc.. Then you find no better tool!

4. anl74

anl74 Registered Member

I was wondering about the application protection since could not find a hint whether Injoy implemented it. In any case, having VPN, NAT, proxy, ... etc available in a firewall sounds like a packet worth a try, got to take care of application projection otherwise, thanks !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.