Initialization Failure WinXP on Eset AV 4.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Philippe_FR22, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,
    I just answered a post concerning initialization failure but that post was moved due to the fact that the release was ESET NOD32 v2. I think the mentionned post should be moved back to this forum because it is applicable to v4.

I experienced same problems either on v3 and v4 and I think this is linked to virus signature updates and engine reinitialization after having taken into account the new virus database.

I did not identified the problem more deeply but I'm sure that is not a lack of memory problem.

I recently wrote a similar post on this forum but unfortunately I did not received any help about this problem

Regards

2. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

Philippe_FR22,

Please create a support ticket and include a sysinspector log.

http://www.eset.com/support/contact.php

Here are instructions for the sysinspector log:

1. Download SysInspector here:

http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php

2. Click the green arrow to the right of the desired version. When prompted to Run or Save, click ‘Save’ and save the file to your Desktop.

3. Double-click the SysInspector icon on your Desktop and click ‘Run’.

4. Once the analysis is finished, the SysInspector main program window will be displayed. Press CTRL + S on your keyboard to save the log file. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm and then save the log file to your computer.

Cheers!

3. Philippe_FR22

Hello,
    I contacted french support for this issue... I was suggested to upgrade with the last release (4.0.417) just to see if this new release corrected this problem.
    After one week test, the problem occured, one more time... During a virus database update, the eset engine failed to initialized...

The target PC was an old PC with KT7 mortherboard with an AMD ATHLON 800MHz...

This week-end, I will send some more information to french support...

I noticed that eset french support was in fact eset distributor affiliate and I was wondering if such a support was really technical efficient...

To my mind, regarding my problem analysis, this problem could be due to timer expiracy failure, but I need more analysis....

Regards

PHIL

4. Philippe_FR22

Hello All,

Well, I'm using NOD32 since the release 2.7 and for the first time, this year I'm really wondering if, in next september, I will renew my licence. I have two PC and because of this problem (and no solution at this moment) on one of both PC, I probably will change antivirus for only one reason : to be sure to be protected with the highest high availability ! That is not the case today, because about once a week, I'm obliged to perform some action to re-initialize NOD32 antivirus engine on the mentionned PC... During the period I'm notified that there is such a problem and the time I can solve the problem (because generaly, I'm not at home at this moment), this PC is not protected... I mean about - at least 6 hours -, once a week...

Regards

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can contact your reseller and ask for a refund if you are unable to make the program work. You're an exception as probably none of millions of our users haven't run into such a problem. I assume it could be either an interference with other software/drivers or rather a problem with memory (e.g. faulty ram module or something like that).

6. Philippe_FR22

Hello Marcos,
    I'm sure it is not a ram problem, but more probably a timer expiracy problem...
    Now regarding french support, it is poor... But I hope my request will be taken into account...
    Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.