Information required.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by quioch66, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quioch66

quioch66 Registered Member

Here is the scenario.I have more than one window open on my pc.Is there any software available which would inform you of a change in the page details on one of the windows which you weren't looking at?

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Welcome to Wilders!

I personally don't see the need for something like this. You can use Alt+Tab to navigate between the open windows. Plus most pages that are open are static(meaning you would have to reload them for them to update). If you are looking at several web pages at the same time, you would most likely have to refresh them to get the new info anyway.

If there is a program out there that does this, I am not aware of it. :)

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I am not aware of such a prog. But in Opera you have the possibilty to reload a page from every 5 seconds up to..........
    Cheers,

Gerard

4. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, Windows -should- make the tray icon blink a few times if something in a background window changes. If you have 2000 or XP and it's not, or you want to customize the number of times it flashes, you can get a system tweaker like FreshUI (http://www.freshdevices.com/ - it's freeware, but requires free registration. Don't worry, they don't spam, just tell you when new updates are out) to change the settings. This program has a lot of other nice little tweaks you can do too :)

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.