Info wanted on new TGB::BOB firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Q Section, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello Everybody,
    Anybody have any info on the new European firewall called TGB::BOB? It is found here: http://www.thegreenbow.com/bob.html
    There is a white paper there also but we are not yet up to sufficient competance to evaluate it. It supposedly covers everything (ports, outgoing, incoming etc.). Any info is appreciated. Thanks

HMSS Q Section

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi QSection

I know they have been around for a little while, but it is not one I have tested nor heard much discussion about.

The information on the site is pretty basic, but it appears they have an evaluation version/period if you feel adventurous ;)

Hopefully someone else might be able to provide a little more insight.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. root

root Registered Member

Here's an old look at it.
    http://www.firewall-net.com/en/bob/test.php?PHPSESSID=4eae55fb93c928fe5e624200e992a1b9

Still a pretty basic firewall that cannot be configured with much detail. It is not amongst the more popular firewalls because it doesn't really compete well.
    I know you were trying Outpost and it certainly isn't in the same league, but I know you were having some problems.
    In my opinion, stick with one of the accepted leaders in the firewall field, such as, Sygate, LNS, Kerio, and a couple of others that are popular.
    Want to try something new, Kasperskys AntiHacker looks promising.

4. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello Root,
    We just saw that new fw and thought we would get some info on it. We *had* some problems but they were completely fixed after a good old-fashioned FDisk, Format and 98SE reinstall. We are currently using Outpost FW and it works perfectly and we will probably keep it. TGB:BOB is not as configurable as OP and it seems it is for the minimalist user.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.