Info needed about Netscape browser

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fone-collector, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fone-collector

fone-collector Registered Member

I just downloaded SpywareBlaster. Is this program only designed for Internet Explorer? Will it work if I use Netscape?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Since the newest versions of Netscape (i.e. 7.x) are basically just re-branded versions of Mozilla (with some extra features thrown in), SpywareBlaster's Mozilla/Firefox protection should be compatible with it. :)

(Just a note: There have been a few cases where the current version of SpywareBlaster hasn't detected that Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape is installed on a user's machine. This should be fixed for the upcoming version of SpywareBlaster, although there are other ways of fixing this minor issue. It won't cause any problems if this happens to you - you'll just see SpywareBlaster telling you that Mozilla/Firefox isn't installed, when it actually is.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. pointo1d

pointo1d Registered Member

Hi,

In your reply, you allude to other ways in which to 'get' SpyWareBlaster' to detect Mozilla browsers - would you please enlighten me/us :)

I've just downloaded and installed version 3.2 (on Windoze 2K) and it can't see the installed Mozilla browser (Version 7.3).

TIA,

DP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.