Info needed about Netscape browser

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fone-collector, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fone-collector

fone-collector Registered Member

I just downloaded SpywareBlaster. Is this program only designed for Internet Explorer? Will it work if I use Netscape?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Since the newest versions of Netscape (i.e. 7.x) are basically just re-branded versions of Mozilla (with some extra features thrown in), SpywareBlaster's Mozilla/Firefox protection should be compatible with it. :)

(Just a note: There have been a few cases where the current version of SpywareBlaster hasn't detected that Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape is installed on a user's machine. This should be fixed for the upcoming version of SpywareBlaster, although there are other ways of fixing this minor issue. It won't cause any problems if this happens to you - you'll just see SpywareBlaster telling you that Mozilla/Firefox isn't installed, when it actually is.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. pointo1d

pointo1d Registered Member

Hi,

In your reply, you allude to other ways in which to 'get' SpyWareBlaster' to detect Mozilla browsers - would you please enlighten me/us :)

I've just downloaded and installed version 3.2 (on Windoze 2K) and it can't see the installed Mozilla browser (Version 7.3).

TIA,

DP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.