Info about Ashampoo Privacy Protector Plus

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Stro, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stro

Stro Registered Member

Does anyone have working knowledge of Ashampoo's Privacy Protector Plus encryption software? Ashampoo made me a good offer for the program because I have bought other software from them. I'm wondering if I should buy, or pass.

I am in the market for an encryption program, but know little about features or differences between them. My ideal program would be one that:
    1) encrypts an entire folder - in additional to individual files, or course - with a mouse click or two. All files and subfolders within the encrypted folder would be automatically encrypted when the target folder is encrypted, and
    2a) hides all the contents of the encrypted folder (hides all files and subfolders within the folder from viewing using Windows Explorer, and/or
    2b) scrambles the names of the files and subfolders within the encrypted folder so someone probing the computer cannot even tell the nature of the information contained within the encrypted folder.

My kids and their friends get on the PC and I don't want them poking around in the parents' personal financial & medical files, nor see the descriptive names given to the files.

Any light you can shed on the aforementioned Ashampoo program, or other encryption program that would fulfill my needs, will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Stro

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.