Infected, and cannot clean, please helop

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Slovak, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Not real sure if this is the right area to post, but every time I scan with AV or AT I get the same uncleanable results...
    + Scan result:
    C:\WINNT\system32\mac80ex.idf/C:/WINNT/system32/msbe.dll -> Spyware.BargainBuddy.i -> Error during cleaning
    C:\WINNT\system32\mac80ex.idf/C:/Program Files/BullsEye Network/bin/bargains.exe -> Spyware.Bargainbuddy -> Error during cleaning
    C:\WINNT\system32\mac80ex.idf/C:/Program Files/BullsEye Network/bin/adv.exe -> Spyware.Bargainbuddy -> Error during cleaning
    C:\WINNT\system32\mac80ex.idf/C:/Program Files/BullsEye Network/bin/adx.exe -> Spyware.Bargainbuddy -> Error during cleaning
    C:\WINNT\system32\netut80ex.vxd/C:/WINNT/system32/exdl.exe -> Spyware.BargainBuddy.j -> Error during cleaning
    C:\WINNT\system32\netut80ex.vxd/C:/WINNT/system32/mqexdlm.srg -> Spyware.Bargainbuddy -> Error during cleaning
    C:\WINNT\system32\netut80ex.vxd/C:/WINNT/system32/exul.exe -> Spyware.Bargainbuddy -> Error during cleaning
    C:\WINNT\system32\netut80ex.vxd/C:/WINNT/system32/javexulm.vxd -> Spyware.Bargainbuddy -> Error during cleaning
    C:\WINNT\system32\netut80ex.vxd/C:/WINNT/system32/bbchk.exe -> Spyware.Bargainbuddy -> Error during cleaning
    C:\WINNT\system32\netut80ex.vxd/C:/WINNT/system32/msexreg.exe -> Spyware.Bargainbuddy -> Error during cleaning
    C:\WINNT\system32\netut80ex.vxd/C:/WINNT/system32/instsrv.exe -> Spyware.BargainBuddy -> Error during cleaning

Adaware, Spybot, etc., lists nothing, and I have no files or folders anywhere that even sound like bargain buddy. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Is it safe to just delete netut80.vxd and mac80ex.idf?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

have you tried cleaning them in safe mode?

3. Black Ranger

Black Ranger Registered Member

> Is it safe to just delete netut80.vxd and mac80ex.idf?

yes it is. after that clean the registry. The DLL's are running, so they cannot be terminated without special knownledge. They fastest way is to boot in safe mode and wipe these files away.

4. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Yes, it does not work, Any ideas?

5. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

How are you sure it is safe to delete them? What is recommended to clean my registry with afterwords?

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Normally you will have an entry in you add/remove programs for BargainBuddy. Look for an entry with bargain, buddy, or bullseye in the name that you do not recognize and remove it. Then you av should be able to remove any leftover files.....

8. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Yep, went through all that stuff, and none of it is on my system, except those two files that are compressed with the baddies inside them.

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you might check here

10. cgbrittain

cgbrittain Registered Member

I am having EXACTLY this problem too! I have also gone to Add/Remove Programs and cannot find Bargain Buddy.
    Any advice on what you did to fix this problem, or have you still got this problem? I am new to this Forum so dont know if I may have missed a answer!
    Thank you!

11. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

I just deleted the two files and all was well.

12. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.