Individual File Recovery

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by NiteOwls, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiteOwls

NiteOwls Registered Member

I am having trouble drilling down into the .PBF file in order to get into a folder and find an individual file for restore.

I have gone to >Tools>FTW and located the .PBF file and double clicked it, but no further expansion occurs, so I can't get to the file I need - any thoughts?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

It works for me - I just click the little cross next to the .PBF

FTW-1-2009-11-27_041418.jpg

Can you do it with the Restore Wizard?

RESTORE-WIZARD-2009-11-27_041539.jpg

Otherwise, you could verify the Arc integrity. I think that will only detect errors if "Control archive Integrity" was ticked -under the Backup image options tab - before creating the image - ( On mine, it is it is ticked by default.)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  3. NiteOwls

Well the problem is there is no + sign next to the .PBF file - like this:

Attached Files:

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Are you using the newer build, 10505?

5. NiteOwls

No I am using Version 9 build 7267 (13.12.08 ), which although older I thought was able to restore individual files from imaged backups in the same way that Acronis and DriveImage are able to. Perhaps I have this wrong?

6. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Try drilling into the .000 file if you have them. When you backup multiple partitions, you have a complex archive and each partition is represent by a .000 file. Drilling the PBF file in this case will not open the archives.

For simplicity, you might want to disable image splitting to deal with fewer files.

7. NiteOwls

Thamks for the lead-in. I hunted for the .000 files but there are none, so I went back to the .PBF files and noticed there were img_0_*.PBF and img_1_*.PBF files etc.

So I double clicked on these and up came the underlying file structures. C drive was the "img_0_" set and D drive was "img_1_" set and so on.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.