Indian Govt Launches Free Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware Solution for PC & Mobiles

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by subhrobhandari, Feb 22, 2017.

1. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

There are multiple tools.

News Link

Link

2. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

And guess what's the removal tool?? Its from quickheal :mad:

The AV vendor that struggles in av comparatives.They did make their web blocker aggressive but their binary detection is very poor.

Way to go India.....Injecting your "own dubious AV software" into the mission.I now feel there are going to be more broken/half disinfected computers and this won't improve the situation.

Better go to a malware removal forums and get yourself cleansed than using this crap.

3. boredog

boredog Registered Member

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Recent tests over at av-test.org and one of cruelsister's test videos would suggest that its protective abilities have improved of late.

https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...r-2016/quick-heal-total-security-17.0-164841/
    https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...r-2016/quick-heal-total-security-17.0-164041/
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/a-quickheal-internet-security-test.66677/#post-577716

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Yes because we can all trust the government to protect us. :confused:

6. I thouht the JavaScript Browser Guard was interesting, but I got second thoughts reading the release history

upload_2017-2-22_22-51-35.png

7. avman1995

The only reason quickheal did well in av test was the aggressive web blocker....DNA scan is a joke i have seen it allow ransomware encrypt files and then detect.It's not a serious competitor and their detection rates on their engine suck anyway.There is a reason why sality and virut are still around in our country.

I want to see their additional tools and what they can actually do.So if anyone does a test please keep me posted.

Oh By the way,The bot removal tool is not something that is going to detect that the QK Antivirus actually missed or any other AV.So it is useless for the people over here since they are already infected with quickheal on how does this removal tool change things?

I scanned with a pack of samples i had...it found 2 out of the 69 samples and it said bot removed when what it found was just adware.Thanks QuickHeal :blink:

This isn't helping....considering this pack had lot of missed samples that i am expected a removal tool to detect.Cruelsister should give this tool a rough test.They should have hired kaspersky for this job if they really wanted to give it to a antivirus vendor give it to someone who is known for its high accuracy and detection.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

They added BD engine to the Total Security product in 2015 AFAIK. The problem is that they have only ONE product with the BD engine and this is the product tested everywhere, whereas they push their entire lineup, including several products without the BD engine for the customers at large, especially in India.

9. avman1995

The entire idea of using a tool from QK is meaningless.The removal tool surely doesn't use BD engine.Did they even buy the BD engine?

10. boredog

did you watch cruel sisters review video of their AppSamvid? https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/appsamvid.392240/

post # 12

11. avman1995

I am not concerned about the additional protection tools they are supplying but the tool they are using for cleaning is from a AV known for poor signatures and insane marketing.

I am dissatisfied with the effort put in on cleaning systems if they would have given to Kaspersky i would have been happy Chappy. :)

12. boredog

ah ok you are just talking about cleaning up after an infection.

13. I found a few websites which should trigger a pop-up warning. On Chrome this extensions does notice, but does not warn. Compared to firefox version (V3 versus V1 for Chrome), it needs some bugs ironed out. Reported bug through feedback form. Have not gotten any reply.

14. avman1995

I like the protection tools they released.They seem functional (thank god!) :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.