Incremental script backs up full

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JeremyP, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyP

JeremyP Registered Member

So, Sunday night I back up a full shot of Drive C. Other nights, incremental. Or that's the plan. Sunday was fine. Monday not, as it did another full backup. Script clearly says incremental. I want to do as above, and then archive each weeks and start again, so I get

Full
    Incr1
    Incr2
    Incr3
    Incr6
    COPY ELSEWHERE AND DELETE
    Full
    Incr1
    and so on ...

So what have I got a full backup when I configured it for incremental?

TIA
    JP

2. JeremyP

Hello! This seems to me to be a VERY basic question. Can no-one really answer it?

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

What version and build number of True Image? Are you doing automatic or manual backups? Are you running XP or Win2k? Is this a single system or connected to a network?

4. JeremyP

10 - 4871
    XP professional
    Networked, but backup drive local (usb)
    Automatic, but these were manual as I am having repeated problems with backups starting on 10. May well go back to 9, which seems much more stable.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I believe there were some reports with script/incremental problems in Ver 10, but I use Ver 9 and also don't do scripts or incrementals so I don't know what the problem might be in your case. Hopefully someone who does will have an answer for you.

6. JeremyP

10 seem a downgrade to me. I have frequent problems with backups not starting - 7 hours after they are logged as starting, nothing has happened, and I have to kill everything off (often having to reboot) and then run the backups manually. Scripts/scheduling/FULL .v. INCR all worked FAR FAR better under 9, so I feel as though I have been sold a pup here. Won't be paying for any more upgrades, that's for sure.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JeremyP,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating does not solve the issue, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please collect the mentioned task script which is stored at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageServer\Scripts (it's a .tis file).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.