Incremental Backups True Image 8.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jevy23, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevy23

jevy23 Guest

If I make a full backup image and then set a scheduled task to do incremental backups everyday...to perform disaster recovery do I need to restore the full backup and all remaining incrementals to be up to the latest or can I restore the full backup and only the most recent incremental to be up to date? Please advise....

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I believe you just select the latest incremental. The full B/U and all prior incrementals will be included in the restore.

3. DEJAVU_US

DEJAVU_US Registered Member

Actually this is the same question I was going to post so will just piggyback.
    I have done restores from both fullBU as well as incremental, I noticed that when I do an Incremental Am asked to delete all partitions just as if doing a FullBU.
    My question is, when doing a Incremental does TI do an Erase all partitions and then restore what?, Initial full plus the Incremental chosen such as #4 or whatever?

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Should be the Full followed by all the Incs up to and including the one you selected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.