Incremental backup sizes

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by matthewt, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthewt

matthewt Registered Member

Hi,

I have a set of files (approx 35Gb) which i backup each night. The backup type is Incremental.

As expected the first time it ran the entire list was included and with subsequent nights just the changes for each day.

Tonight it would appear to have done the entire filelist again. Is there a setting that determines when another full backup is due ?? I'm happy that it does this but if I can adjust the setting that would be nice.

The first backup was 26-May-2006 and tonights was 5-Jun-2006. I suppose I'm wondering if there is a rule around this. If so it would be nice to know so I can plan my space to match.

Regards,
    Matt Thompson

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Matt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify whether you have Acronis Secure Zone as the storage for your backups? If you do not have then please let us know where you save the images? Please also clarify what tasks you have scheduled (you can find all the tasks in the Active Tasks area of Acronis True Image main window)?

We can also recommend you to take a look at this previous thread describing how to schedule tasks: Can TI9 control the number of backup sets?.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. matthewt

Thanks for your reply Kirill.

I'm not using Acronis secure zone. My total storage is 4 x 250Gb drives which are used together in a RAID array Intel ICH7.

c: is RAID 0 and 16Gb Vol1 in the array
    d: is RAID 0 and 250Gb Vol1 in the array
    e: is RAID 5 and 500Gb Vol2 in the array

I have two backups scheduled in TI9.

The first does a partition backup of c: to files on e: This is defined as incremental and runs every Sunday.

The second is a file backup of 35Gb of files that are on d: The TIB files are again put onto the e:. This is a daily incremental backup.

My question was what determines when the full backup is run. I don't have any full backups scheduled so what triggered the incremental to do a full backup.

Regards,
    Matt.

4. matthewt

One thing which may explain the sudden full backup is that I setup the d: for sharing which caused XP to update the file permissions on all the files. Is it possible that changing the permissions caused TI9 to include the file in the incremental ?? If so that would explain my problem.

5. Acronis Support

Hello Matt,

Could you please provide us with all the files from your "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts" folder?
    This information would let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

6. matthewt

I've put the contents of the two files in that directory into scripts.txt

Thanks for your support.

Attached Files:

7. Acronis Support

Hello Matt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that we are not able to investigate the problems through the Forum. You should submit the request to Acronis Support Team and provide them with the requested info.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.