Incremental and Append Images QUESTION!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

My Dear,

I Have the following question.

When you make a full image you got 1 file.

Then when you make a append you get and extra file.

When you make another append you get a third file.

My question is. Are the append files all appends from the difference of the main image. Of are the append from the before append.

If the first thing is true you should be able to remove a append file between and everything should still work!

Does anybody has this info!

2. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

I'm sure it appends to the previous append. I recently deleted an appended image and in TI you can't 'see' the more recent images when you try to restore one, the older appended images were still OK though. I restored the deleted file and all was well again.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeremyotten,

Each incremental file depends on the previous one (incremental or full if there is no incrementals). Therefore, if you delete one of the incremental files you won't be able to restore all subsequent incrementals.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. justiceba

justiceba Registered Member

Is there going to be a differential option in True Image's future? I would like 1 full image file plus one differential to restore from, not 1 full image plus several incremental images.

5. riechert

riechert Registered Member

Couldn't you just create one full and one incremental? The next time delete the incremental and create a new incremental.

6. justiceba

justiceba Registered Member

That is an idea, and maybe I would be able to achieve the same results as a differential. I will give it a try.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello justiceba,

There is no need to delete the incremental. You may just move it to another folder. In this case Acronis True Image will not find any incremental images and will create the new incremental to the full image.

As for differential back up, we plan to implement this option in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.