IncrediMail

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by C.S.J, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Your thoughts?

ive just re-tried this, and i must admit... its wayyy faster and lighter than it used to be, it no longer hogs down anything.

its really fun to use, as its always been but the lightness was always a factor for me.

has anyone tried it lately, what do you think?

i think its vastly improved, and i must admit.. its a very fun app for emailing.

so far, impressed. :)

2. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Hi C.S.J,

Yes, IncrediMail, I had this for a long long time.

True, it is very pleasant. But it was pervasive, many files and folders in the system files of children 'emoticones' (= smiles ), pop-ups for Babylon, 'emoticones' etc etc. Too much.

Now I have a Mail from my Internet services provider: all my letters are then stored on the Internet and are NO LONGER RAISE my PC!

This is even more fun!:argh:

PROROOTECT:thumb:

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yeah, i actually like all the emoticons, sounds and images, all the kid stuff. lol

the problem with it for me in the past, was its bloat... which doesnt seem as apparent to me now,

problem though:

the tray icon returns to 'hide when inactive' after reboot, Drweb have the same problem, VERY VERY annoying.

4. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Yes, look to SETTINGS; easy ... OK?

5. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

The problem of using Incredimail is that there is not a program or a way to export his email in another client. There is a sofwtare, ABC Amber Outlook Converter, but you can only convert Incredimail emails in MS Outlook. And anyway the work is boring, not immediate as exporting would be.

6. HAN

HAN Registered Member

IncrediMail is one of those personal choice things. You either like it or you don't.

I have been on the "I don't like it" side from the beginning. To me, it's just wasted CPU cycles (refering to the butler or whatever he is.) I guess email should just be email to me. All those fancy icons, stationary and so forth are just wasted bandwidth and storage.

At one time, IncrediMail bordered on adware. But honestly, I can't say I know much about it anymore...

7. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

I remember being new to computers. On dial up with a used, super-slow computer.
    But coming home from a hard day of work, just to have that butler serve me my mail on a platter. Ahhh...

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

in the past i hated it, it used to be such a hog, but now it seems no heavier than windows mail, i use it, it makes boring email, fun again!

Yippeee :)

*lol*

9. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Yeah, that's why I had to get rid of it, but you have just about convinced me, C.S.J., to try it again.
    When my wife and dog ignore me, I want to hear "You've got mail sir". :D

10. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

sure, post your thoughts. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.