Incredimail

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by minacross, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2004
  2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi minacross,

As in any email client the user is the most important factor. How can a HTML based email hurt you if the preview window is closed?

The main reasons I stopped using Incredimail is because of the sytem resources it uses and the "commercials" it adds to your outgoing mail.
    But my girlfriend was very happy when I gave her my copy (paid version). Especially now that it is available in Dutch. :)

Regards,

Pieter

3. JayK

JayK Poster

The problem is when opening the html mail , preview pane or not :)

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Frankly, it absolutely stuns me that anyone could read the EULA, recognize the bandwidth-use implications - and yet still d/l and use the program (and even perhaps pay for the privilege!!!).

Utterly amazing. Pete

6. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Whether one uses the free version or paid version the privacy policy is the same .... Would something like this not make you wonder a tad about it?? o_O

Quote: "Any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material submitted or sent to IncrediMail, including without limitation via any Message sent by You through the Service, Site, or IncrediMail's physical mail and e-mail addresses, or in any other way, will be deemed to be not
    confidential or secret. By submitting or sending information or other material to IncrediMail or by posting information on any portion of the Service you (a) Warrant that you have all rights of any kind to the material and that to the best of your knowledge no other party has any rights to the
    material; and (b) Grant IncrediMail an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the material, and you further agree that IncrediMail is free to use any
    ideas, know-how, concepts or techniques you send us or post on the Service for any purpose, without any compensation to you or any other person."

7. k3dc

k3dc Registered Member

Hi, all,

I've read about this incredible EULA before, but it's chilling to actually see it in print. This is nothing less than a LICENSE TO *S*T*E*A*L* !!! :mad: :mad: :'(

Since Incredimail can get information from a recipient's machine (assuming I've understood this correctly- please tell me if I'm wrong), how does one tell that a message is from Incredimail when one receives it? More importantly, how does one block it? I should like to put them in the "Restricted Zone", but HOW??

For now I'm going on line, collecting my mail and then severing the link before even looking at the day's catch. Is this enough to prevent such shenenigans? Also, will my firewall (McAfee) block such outbound traffic? :mad:

Thanks for your getting the word out on this egregious invasion of privacy; keep up the good work. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.