Increasng partition size on C: drive

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by msaltz, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msaltz

msaltz Registered Member

I've installed a new Western Digital 200gb as my primary drive. My Computer indicates that I have a drive of 111gb. My Computer's disk management indicates that there are 75gb of unallocated space available on the drive if I want to create an additional partition. My preference is to increase the size of the the C: partition if that is possible.

The question is: Can I do that through Disk Doctor (which I do not currently own, though I do use True Image all the time). If I can are there any reasons why I shouldn't?

Thanks in advance for your response.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello msaltz,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

There is no problem increasing the size of C partition using Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0. Please make sure you have the latest build of the program after you install it. Also please note that you will need to reboot the computer after you click to apply the changes since C partition is in use by operating system. However, this restriction is usually important only for large production servers (that should be rebooted only in emergency cases).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. msaltz

msaltz Registered Member

Thanks for your reponse. It's what I was hoping to hear.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.