Increasing licensed computers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jewellgm, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jewellgm

jewellgm Registered Member

Hello,

I sent an email to customer support last week, but haven't heard back from them. I currently have 2 computers that are licensed for NOD32 Antivirus, and I would like to add a third. Is there any way to change my 2 PC license to 3 PCs? Not only do I want to do this to save some money now, but also to save money on renewals. I don't want to have to purchase a 2 PC and a 1 PC renewal every year -- I want to be able to purchase just a 3 PC renewal.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    please PM me the website/distributor you purchased NOD32 from, your current username as well as your email address and case number if you've been assigned any.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

let us know how this goes - we're told that the new policies are that you can't upgrade by purchasing a renewal for more machines than your previous (outgoing or expiring) license. If you manage to do just that, I would like to know how - as that's how we were handling upgrades at renewal for years - then, April 1st (somehow ironic I think), that all changed.

If it's possible at all - it has to be passed through Eset customer service - which means that it takes days instead of minutes - not sure how we improved things in that case...

4. jewellgm

I will let you know how things go. I hope I didn't give the impression that I was wanting to get a new license just by purchasing 3 renewals though. I am willing to buy an additional license, but I want to have my existing license be changed from 2 to 3 PCs -- I don't want to have two separate licenses. It costs more money that way. I would also like to have the date that my current license expires taken into consideration. I only have about a month left on it, and I don't want to pay for a full year license only to have it for a month before it's time to renew.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Most likely you will have to renew now and the reseller/distributor you buy from will simply make your renewed license valid for one extra month so that you won't lose it

6. jewellgm

That would be a perfectly acceptable solution to me. I hope it works out that way! I purchased the original licenses directly from the Eset website, so I hope this wouldn't be terribly difficult for them to do.

7. jongie

jongie Registered Member

I'm slightly puzzled by this - I upgraded my license recently to cover an extra computer with no problems.

For the UK site certainly, if I click 'purchase' I get an option to upgrade (increase number of computers) - it's still there as an option. It hasn't been changed or withdrawn as far as I can see.

Incidentally I've always found the UK support site very responsive and helpful.

Jongie

8. jewellgm

You're right -- this is rather confusing. I checked the UK store and, sure enough, there's a place on the page to increase an existing license. Unfortunately, I don't see an equivalent on the US page.

9. jewellgm

Unfortunately, after nearly two weeks of waiting, customer service never responded to my email request. As a result, I found the US Eset sales phone number and called them directly. They upgraded my license to include 3 computers and renewed the subscription for the original 2.

The email that I received indicates that the new license is effective for one year from yesterday, which would short my current subscription by about a month. The service rep warned me ahead of time that the email would not show the correct dates, though. Hopefully, since she warned me about this, I won't have any problems next year around this time. (I haven't actually applied the new license to my computers yet, so I haven't seen what dates the software will show.)

Thanks everybody for your help and feedback.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.