Increase free space

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by cadguru, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadguru

cadguru Registered Member

I am not too happy, I bought this to make my Vista "D" drive bigger by taking free space from my "C:" drive that is very large. The system went through the reboots, I received no errors of any kind, yet it did nothing....drives are still the same. So I thought, ok try from the bootable CD as was suggested in another thread. It boots to the CD just fine, but the software doesn't see my hard drive....I am running the latest version.

Needless, to say I am not a happy camper at this point.

2. cadguru

cadguru Registered Member

Well, after the only response I got from Acronis after a week was that my drive (on a new system) was bad....so wrong. I got Paragon Partition manager and guess what? it let me do what this software won't do. Hopefully I can get a refund, but its looking like it was just a waste of dollars. Very disappointed in the support that this company offers.:thumbd:

3. mishka

mishka Registered Member

I am trying to do the same thing. I have a 320 Gig hardrive and I want to partition it into 4 drives
    C: the main operating sytem drive with all the programs
    D: Documents
    E: Music
    F: Pictures
    But from all I have been reading I am afraid to touch the hardrive. I did read that Paragon Partition Manager was one of the programs that did work but never really heard of anyone that actually tried it.
    I used to use Symantec Partition Magic on Windows XP and it worked like a charm, but now o_O? Partition Magic right now is not Vista compatable.
    I wonder if you could just elaborate a touch more on how you did it with Paragon/
    Thank You!!!

4. kletkeman

kletkeman Registered Member

Me too. I chose Acronis because there were quite a few positive comments around the net. Big mistake apparently. I have the same symptoms. Everything proceeds as expected, seems to work fine. Nothing in the logs after the reboot. And no changes to the disks. How truly disappointing.

5. Dean B

Dean B Registered Member

Same here.

An absolute total waste of money.

-Dean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.