incorrect username or password??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Toastbusters, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toastbusters

Toastbusters Registered Member

Hey everyone!

I have a copy of NOD32 running on my computer here. A few days ago it started giving me an error messang stating that I had an "incorrect username or password"

I checked the confirmation email that I got when I registered, and it seemed like it was long enough for it to expire, so I assumed that was the issue. I went onto eset's website and purchased a renewal. I didn't bother downloading the software again as it should (theoretically) keep itself up to date anyway, so I just entered in the new license information and moved on.

Just last night, it started giving me the "incorrect username or password" error. I know my license hasn't expired, as it's less than a week old (and I got a two year renewal) so what gives?

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Please uninstall, and after rebooting, delete the ESET folder in Program Files.

Downloading and reinstalling should resolve the issue.

BFG

3. fosius

fosius Registered Member

When I renewed my licence I got new username and password. Just check your mailbox.

4. Toastbusters

Toastbusters Registered Member

I entered the new username and password when I registered, which for a time, resolved the issue. It just came up again. I will try reinstalling and see if that does it.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe you are using a program that reverts some registry settings, in this case your old username and password stored in the registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.