Incorrect user name or password for network resource

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by charking, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charking

charking Registered Member

I have just installed a network hard drive to my router. I can access it in Windows Explorer and do all the normal things one can do to a hard drive attached directly to a computer (there are a few exceptions). But when I attempt to write my backups to this network drive using Acronis True Image home ver 11, I get an error message saying my password is incorrect and to check user name and password and reenter again. I do not normally require any user name or password to access the drive in Windows Explorer; what does Acronis True Image home want of me? I have tried several possibilities unsuccessfully.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello charking,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please confirm that you are trying to create a backup under Windows (not under Acronis Bootable rescue media)? Also, could you please provide us with the log file of the failed operation?

- Start Acronis True Image;
    - Select Tools -> Show log;
    - Choose the appropriate log entry which contains errors;
    - Click on the diskette icon, choose the location (folder) and save there;
    - Send us the log.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. charking

Here is one of several log files, all showing the same error messages. I tried different password combinations with no luck. This particular drive was attached directly to the router. After failing several times I successfully did a backup on a netword drive which was attached to another computer. Neither of them require passwords, and Acronis True Image accepted the lack of a password in the successful case.

In both cases I was working in Windows.

Attached Files:

4. charking

Clarrification: The drive on which the errors occurred was an external hard drive meant to link to the network through the router. The drive on which the backup was successful was an external hard drive attached to another computer and shared with the one being backed up.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello charking,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 11 Home

In order to solve the issue please update Acronis scheduler using the following article

I may also recommend you download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and test it.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.