Incorrect internet speed in Firewall window

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by onlyra, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onlyra

onlyra Registered Member

Hy!
    I have a 6Mbps(=750KBps theoreticaly) internet connection speed. I tested my conection speed many times (http://www.beelinebandwidthtest.com/ , http://www.speedmeter.de/), asked my internet provider and I cant have more than 6Mbps(except with my ISP's clients from my town with who I have a 100Mbps connection).
    But in the ESET Smart Security's firewall window I can usualy see 1.0MB - 1.1MB for a long tine(not as some spikes) even if Opera or firefox says 650-700KB/s for the same connection :eek: . And I sure I am not navigating some pages hosted by my small ISP.
    What is the explanation?
    thanks
    I am very familiar with computers and internet.
    :)

Attached Files:

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

750KBps theoretically is more like 600KB/s (divide 6 Mb/s by 10 instead of 8 to allow for overhead) in practice unless you are just receiving UDP streams.

I can see what you're asking about though - it seems as though ESS is reporting double the actual transfer rate - in your case that would be about ~600KB/s X 2 = 1200KB/s or 1.17MB/s if it is peaked out.

I'll see if I can find out some more.

Cheers :)

3. onlyra

onlyra Registered Member

any ideas? :)

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You may want to try installing ESET Smart Security v4.0 public beta 1. It contains improvements to network monitoring and may provide more expected results.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.