Incorect username or password

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ripper, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripper

Ripper Guest

I'm usin TI Enterprise Server 8 build 912. When trying make image on remote computer in domain using Management console i'll get error 1015 Username or password for the remote resource is incorect. User and pass are surely correct. I'm logging in as domain administrator. The backup completes correct in 1 of 50 tryouts. What to do? Thanks.

2. oldsergey

oldsergey Registered Member

I have the same problem. Do anybody have a solution?
    Many thanks. :)

3. oldsergey

I forgot: user account in active directory was blocked as a result of this operation.
    (The security account setting is: user account should be blocked after the 5 failed attempts).

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ripper,
    Hello oldsergey,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIESWin/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

We do know about this problem and our developers will fix it soon.

The possible workaround is to login to the network share before starting the backup. I mean you should get the access to the network share using, for example, Microsoft Explorer and only then start Acronis True Image Enterprise Management Console.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

5. tesseract

tesseract Registered Member

Hi Andrew,
    Can you please post a reply in this thread when a fix is out.
    Thanks

6. Tremek

Tremek Guest

Has there been any progress on this issue? I too am encountering the problem; the script I create works ONLY after I directly create it, otherwise it says it cannot access the \\server\path\file. Automated backups across the network are worse than useless if they don't start due to this problem.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Tremek,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISWin/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please download the latest build (921) of Acronis True Image Server from http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/. Please note that you need to register your software at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/ prior the update downloading.

If the problem does persist please write to support@acronis.com and we will help you to fix the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. oldsergey

Help! Problem unresolved!!! (build 921) :(

9. Acronis Support

Hello oldsergey,

We are sorry for the problem being not solved yet. The latest 921 build does contain certain fixes for the problem but this problem appears in several different ways so current fixes didn't resolve your problem.

Could you please send a letter with the description of the problem to support@acronis.com and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Sergey Sergeev. He will help you to solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. Marksken

Marksken Guest

I've the same problem with version 9 build 2.289
    the machines are defined in a domain but are working outside of the domainserver with a admin account access on the machine in the domain

11. Acronis Support

Hello Marksken,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information about the issue? What error message did you get? What OS do you run? Please describe all your actions before the issue appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

12. Marksken

Marksken Guest

Hi Irina,
    The soft is installed on a win2K and a drive mapping is done to a shared subdir on a win 2k3 server. I hav access on the mapped drve via z:\ (R/W/D)
    I can manually backup on the mapped drive.
    Now I want to do it sheduled task and I can create the task up to the end.
    When I want to start the tastk I get after a while the message:
    preparing,
    creating
    operation completed with errors

in the logfile there is marked:
    Error 1 1,015(0x103F7) User name or password for remote source z:\backup_39\backup.tib is incorrect. Please check user name and password and type it again.

This message is come twice robabely because there where marked 2 disk artitions.

Now inside the task I've tried both options:
    -) No, I do not want to specify user name and password. Try to login automaticaly
    -) Yes I would like to specify user name and password, and I've entered the info in the boxes.
    When I look back to the task once it is made and I come to the following
    -) with the no option, it is still marked no
    -) with the yes option you neven can go back an mark no, it comes always back with yes.
    The name on the remote machine is one with admin rights, the one on the machine is also one with admin rights.
    Now I've have even tried with on both machines the same name and password, but without a success.

Thanks for helping via the forum.
    TIA
    Marc

PS.: both machines have a login in a domain, hanging on a network but the domaincontroller is not present because the machines are on another location. Rest of the connection is working (tomcat SunOne iplant, informix,mysql, drive mapping, ....)

13. Acronis Support

Hello Marksken,

I recommend you to read the information in FAQ:

When you map the drive it becomes mapped only under your Windows account. Acronis True Image 9.0 runs its tasks using the system account and so it is sometimes unable to locate your mapped drive (especially when you are logged off). Please use the full UNC path (e.g. \\server\share\) instead of the mapped drive.

If you have anu questions please feel free to ask me.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

14. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Advertisement removed :rolleyes:

15. madscene

madscene Registered Member

I am having this same issue. I changed my path to be the machine name \\machinename\backupdirectory\backup.tib but no luck. Several times I was able to get the task to run manually by clicking start, but the scheduled task would fail with the password error. Now I can't even get the manual task to run, and I made no changes!

If it runs under system account, why does it ask you for a user name and password (twice - which is even more confusing) during the setup wizard? One says it is for access to the remote folder, and one says it is the user that will run the process (so it shouldn't be system?).

My 2 machines are not on a domain, but I have mirrored accounts on both machines, and have no problem accessing shares using that account.

16. arstearns

arstearns Guest

Two Windows XP PRO SP2 PCs on a workgroup. The PC 1 has Acronis True Image 9 Build 2302 on it. I want to backup to a hard drive on PC 2. Guest accounts exist and are turned on on both PCs. Simple File sharing is turned on on both PCs. Both Guest PCs have a blank password.

I can read, create and delete files from PC 1 on the share on PC 2 (so the proper rights are there).

In setting up the scheduled task (full backup of PC 1), I have tried various combinations of login automatically, login as guest with no password in the first password window in scheduler. I always get the following message:

User name or password for the remote resource \\pc_name\share_name\backup_filename.tib is incorrect. Please check user name and password and type it again.

Please advise,

Al Stearns
    Brevard, NC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.