Incomplete Cloning left Old Drive WIPED!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by djxtreme, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djxtreme

djxtreme Registered Member

I selected to clone the old drive onto the new drive, and erase the data off the old hard drive. But before the wiping process completed, the system rebooted.

Why didn't True Image FIRST complete the cloning BEFORE wiping the old drive? Now I have 2x unusable drives :(

The new drive gives a BSOD with unreadable boot device (hard drive). So it seems it's not an exact duplicate otherwise it would have booted properly as the old drive did in the system. Note, they are identical drives (make/model).

2. djxtreme

djxtreme Registered Member

I finished cloning a second drive and it worked fine, so fortunately I can re-clone the other 2 (clone onto the drive that was partially wiped and the other one that isnt yet working). This time nobody around to knock out the power cable ;)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello djxtreme,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We are really glad to hear that you managed to solve the problem. Anyway, I would like to mention that the data on the source hard drive is wiped only after the disk cloning process is completed by 100 percent. However, your computer has accidentally rebooted while disk read\write operations were in process. This might result in the file system corruption (making operating system non-bootable) or even complete data loss. Usually it is recommended to use some kind of a UPS in order to avoid unexpected power off or reboot. You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide. You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 FAQ page helpful.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.