Incompatible Archive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Adric, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I am trying to add an archive that is somewhat older to HDM 2010 Suite and I get the message incompatible version of the archive. The problem with this message is that I cannot tell which program version this backup was made with. How can I use this archive?

Al

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

3. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I don't think my problem is related to that. I cannot add this backup to my HDM archive because it says it is incompatible, I don't understand why Paragon does not add a tag in the backup files so that it's a no-brainer to determine what program/version created the backup. Is there an easy way to find out which program I need to process this backup?

Al

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Not to my knowledge. I misread your post, I thought that you were trying to add an archive from HDM2010S not to it.

5. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

Each new version of product is compatible with archives made by old ones. But not vice versa.
    Archives can be recognized fy their filenames' extensions. PBFs are partition\hdd copy, and PFIs are file-level archives.

6. Adric

Adric Registered Member

So from what you are saying, the .pbf I'm trying to add to HDM 10 was created by a newer version program than HDM 10?
    If that's the case, I should be able to install Backup and Recovery Free 2012 and archive the subject pbf, is that correct?

Al

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  7. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Yes that should work, all archives are backward compatible so any 12 edition should be able to restore an 11,10,9 etc. Just not the other way around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.