incompatibility with AIO software?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by smiller, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smiller

smiller Registered Member

A user is attempting to set up an HP C6250 AIO Photosmart on a Dell Optiplex that is running NOD32 2.7. Scanned docs are not being rendered to the display. HP tech support is telling the user to disable NOD32 and/or the Windows FW. I have told her that she is not to do that without specific instructions from me, which I have no intention of giving unless such a risk is proven to be necessary. The only reason that I am not dismissing this out of hand is that for the two applications that I have found (in four years) that do not play nice with NOD32 and require exceptions coded in IMON (one was a PLC controller dashboard, the other a display in a PBX queue management program) the problems did show up as unrendered display screens. I hate to resolve HP's problems for them, but it might be less time-consuming that trying to talk to a brain-dead script reader. anyone run into anything similar on an HP device? Other thoughts? TIA

-Scott

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

My dad has a HP PSC 1610 and it worked fine with NOD32.

Have you tried uninstalling the HP drivers and reinstalling the latest version from the HP site?

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

You might also try turning down the video acceleration a notch. That's resolved some rendering issues in the past.

BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.