incoming attacks, outpost firewall and others

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by guest, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

outpost firewall has a many incoming attack protection;
    see it

what about other firewall?

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      15 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      11.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      8.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Some of the packet filter firewalls can give such protection. Other firewall that dont cover this area, well, free programs such as Hardenit can be used.

3. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Unfortunately, due to the excessive attention given to leak testing, this area of firewall performance is not often covered or disclosed by publishers. Inbound performance also requires more technical ability to evaluate than leak tests which are more or less shake and bake.

I have not tried Hardenit, but I might since its free.

Stem, is this something that I would benefit from using along with Jetico I? The publisher gives a warning that Hardenit is only for professional users. Is there some trick to setting it up?

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I think it is more of a case of if you really need such internal changes being made.
    There are recommendations made by the program for the various value settings (Hardenit makes changes to the registry, mainly@ Registry key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\).

If you are not having problems, then I see no need to make changes/ use this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.