Include Backup on ISO

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by m4ko, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m4ko

m4ko Registered Member

Hello,

We are currently evaluating "Acronis True Image OEM" as a solution to build rescue-DVDs for our systems.

I know that out-of-the-box Trueimage does not support including Backup-Archives (*.tib) on the Rescue Media. However I think it is just confusing for our customers to have two DVDs - one with only 60MB of Data on it.

1. I created an ISO file of the rescue media.
    2. I run this ISO through VMWare. It works.
    3. I modify the ISO with PowerISO/UltraISO/(some more ISO-Editing Programs) so that the Backup.tib is included in the iso. The only apparent change is that the tib file is now included in the root of the DVD. All original data & boot-sectors are still intact.
    4. I load the modified ISO in VMWare. It does not work.
    5. I get to the point where Acronis loads, but if fails. See the image below.

http://modus-hightech.de/gfx/image1.jpg
    (The text is german. It says: "Acronis Loader is starting..." "Boot unsuccessfull...")

How can I add the tib file to the ISO with Acronis successfully booting? Any ideas?

2. m4ko

m4ko Registered Member

Hm I thought this had to be a relatively common question. Anyone who uses the rescue media ISO file must have asked himself "Why am I wasting 95% of my CD ?"

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The way to include the backup Image together with the bootable Rescue media on DVD disc can be found at: Tools/Options/Default Backup Options/Media Components/Advanced Tab

I know .... buried deep down where no one would ever think of looking. But be aware that if the size of the Image needs to span 4 or more dvd discs when it comes time to do a Recovery, you'll be swapping those discs in and out like there's no tommorrow. The restore process does not call for the discs in the order they were made.

Even with the Image spanning 3 dvd discs, there's plenty of disc swapping, but it's tolerable.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Iirc, it's not just a matter of putting in disk 1, then 2 then 3--it's more like, now 1, now 2 now 3, now 2 again, now 3 now 1, now 3 now 2 . . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.