Inbound traffic - wy-in-f83.google.com port 53287

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by BeLGaRaTh67, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeLGaRaTh67

BeLGaRaTh67 Registered Member

basically I have just updated to windows vista x64 ultimate SP2 and after installing ESS 4.0.437.0 I am getting popups every 30 mins or so asking to allow an incoming connection from wy-in-f83.google.com (209.85.227.83) on port 53287

I am a bit dubious about allowing this, but am concerned that even without starting a browser or anything I get this intrusion, I am denying at the moment without settign a rule but want to know if it is safe to either allow or deny on a permanent basis.

FYI it was a clean install on a brand new drive (my old drive died anyway so I bought a new drive and an OEM licence for x64)

http://cid-94c35735288394b3.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/wtf.jpg

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what google software do you have installed? it might be trying to update

Cudni

3. BeLGaRaTh67

Thnx for the reply, I haven't installed anything else yet apart from Office, ESS and Firefox (and Steam, which is currently grabbing my games) I have no addins yet for firefox. Oh and I installed all the updates from Windows Update too

4. robis

robis Registered Member

and what about google search panel in FF or IE?

5. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

FF also gets it`s list of suspected forged\attack sites from Google as well. If you have the option checked under Tools\Options\Security to do so.

6. BeLGaRaTh67

Thanks for all the replies, not sure about the google search panel, is that the search bar where you can change between google, answers.com etc on the right?

I have all of the options ticked under security, apart from the password options, I don't get it to remember passwords or a master password.

I have noticed that it is now not constant, but I will get a whole batch of request all at once from different domains at google as well as some others, namely comodoca, robtex and cachefly. They tend to come in flurries of 10-15 requests one after the other, and can be when I have a browser open or not (I only use Fx)

I didn't have this issue before I formatted and upgraded from Ult. x86 to x64 (but I don't think that would be the issue?)

7. robis

robis Registered Member

Yes, but I dont know how it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.