In W7 64-bit NOD32 gets slow with firewalls

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by HankPiano, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankPiano

HankPiano Registered Member

Some time ago I started this topic in the LnS-forum here, because I thougt that this firewall made internet browsing slower in my W7 64-bit system. As it turned out it wasn't LnS but NOD32 4.0.474 in combination with LnS and other firewalls which caused the problem.

I have been using NOD32 and LnS for many years in my former XP-system and never encountered any speed-problem whatsoever, therefore I was surprised to see this decline in speed in my new W7-system, which should be faster than my old XP-system. I spent quite some time in finding what caused this problem, please read the topic start in the LnS-forum as mentioned above.

My questions are: do more people here experience the speed-problem in W7 64-bit, using NOD32 version 4 in combination with a firewall? Could somebody from Eset tell me what possibly could be the cause of this problem, why does NOD32 in combination with a firewall make internet browsing slower, and why does it affect some systems and doesn't affect other systems?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Since you're using Windows 7, I'd suggest trying out EAV 4.2.22 beta which has some improvements regarding Windows Filtering Platform utilization.

3. HankPiano

HankPiano Registered Member

Thanks a lot for your quick response, Marcos. I just installed version 4.2.22 bèta and it really is a big improvement: as far as I can see now internet browsing is again as fast as it used to be. I'm very glad about this since I've been working with NOD32 together with LnS for such a long time, it is my favorite combination. So, I hope this bèta wil soon become a final release :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.