In House Application Recognized as Virus?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by hutchingsp, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp Registered Member

I'm testing NOD32 Enterprise. Today one of our in house applications was recognized as a potential virus (newheuer) which it obviously isn't, I think the a/v is just detecting it through heuristics of some sort.

As I understand it I can exclude the default application path/filename from scanning or turn off heuristics (which seems to defeat the point).

Is there any other way to "teach" NOD32 that it is safe for what could end up as a x00 seat install base?

Thanks in advance.

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Submit the file for analysis and the detection can be fixed that way.

3. hutchingsp

It's in house though i.e. nowhere other than our company would use it.

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

It would still be easier to get it fixed that way then having to exclude it from so many work stations.

5. hutchingsp

Ok if they will do that cool - tbh I assumed they wouldn't as if every single application any company developed that looked suspect were sent to, and excluded by Eset I thought they'd end up with a huge set of definition files, IYSWIM.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Don't worry so much but send the file for inspection . ESET should use the file only for threat inspection , they won't steal any information from you .

You can use this form providing info and your UN from the NFR you have for testing

7. rothko

rothko Registered Member

i've had a similar issue with false positives with files only our company would use and thye wer efixed within a day or so of submitting them to ESET, they are very quick at sorting out FPs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.