In-depth analysis hangs.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by quser, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quser

quser Registered Member

I have a brand new system with XP Home and Vista Home Premium installed on it in a dual boot configuration. When I perform an ‘in-depth analysis’ under XP, the analysis hangs while scanning files in ‘Documents and Settings\my name\Application Data\Map\Sub Map’ where Map may be Spampal or Java or Thunderbird, whatever. Upon temporary removement of such a Map, ‘in-depth analysis’ hangs on another such Map or Sub Map. What I call ‘hanging’ is not that the analysis completely stops, the counter showing the percentages of progress (lower right) keeps running, but starts over and over again. After a few seconds the ‘message’ part000.txt appears on the bar showing the progress.
    When I run the analysis under Vista, the Vista partition is analysed first without any problem, then the XP partition follows and the problem described above shows up again.
    So it seems not to depend on Operating System or a specific Map, but up to now it’s in Documents and Settings\my name\Application on the XP-partition.
    I have found no reports of this problem in FAQ or in a Google-search.
    Hope somebody can help me out.
    System: Quatro Services HiQ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz, 2GB RAM.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It looks like there is some kind of incompatibility between NOD32 and this applications and its files (Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\Map\Sub Map)

3. quser

quser Registered Member

Obviously. I removed all applications and returned them one by one. Problem map proved to be Thunderbird. After uninstalling and reinstalling Thunderbird, but before carrying over the (Thunderbird) Profiles sub-map from my old computer to the new one, In-depth analysis ran well. So there is a problem with that Profiles sub map. I still have to figure out what exactly happens when I carry over the profile. If I find something worth telling, I will be back.
    Anyway, thanks.

4. quser

quser Registered Member

Finally I have found the root of evil. It's the map 'Sent' deep down in Documents and Setting\My name\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\etc.\etc.
    When I remove all messages from the Sent folder 'In-depth analysis' will still hang. Only when I remove the map itself the problem doesn't show up, but a permanent removal means a loss of all mails I've sent since 2003. When I perform a scan on just this single map 'In-depth analysis' immediately hangs.
    So I can work around the problem by temporarily removing this map, but that's not a very elegant procedure. A virusscan doesn't show any malware. I still don't understand, but for the time being I can live with it.:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.