Impressed with GData Antivirus 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bradtech, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Registered Member

The repeated av-comparative score marks and VB RAP tests got my attention. To the point that I had to try it.. I've been trying it for a month, and then decided to order 3 licenses. The machine I'm typing on only has 2 GB of RAM, running Windows 7 Home Premium with a Celeron in it.. Runs like there is no antivirus installed.

The detection rates are stellar, and a lot of infected sites are blocked from access before even getting prompted to download the file. I would say that memory management, and CPU usage is very minimal. My only complaints would be the scanning time is average at best. I had some initial problems with all my clients updating automatically. I had to do manual updates, and exchange ownership over to the other PCs but I talked to GDATA via email, and now it seems to be straightened out.

The Behaviour monitor thinks a game I executed off from xfire is a virus, and blocks it.. The dialogue box asks me what action to take, I tell it to always permit, and it continues to prompt me everytime regardless of the fact that I told it not too. I also made exceptions over the folder, and even down to the file level in the exceptions list in the behavior guardian and it still stops it/blocks it. I submitted this problem, and they are looking into it (Two days).

I am getting tons of updates throughout the day.. It checks every hour, and almost every two hours I'm getting updates compared to other vendors getting me 3 a day.. I'd say around 10-15 updates a day which is nice. Overall their American website needs work.. It's a simple interface, lacks a lot of additional settings I'm used to coming from ESET NOD32 which I still think is great. It seems with GData everything is set and ready to go.

2. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Does web protection increase page loading time? I had this problem with 2010 version. Other than that I liked it. Do you know the changes between 2010-2011 versions?

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

No slow downs here.

4. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Thanks Blackcat.

5. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

I have no problems with page loading either. I didn't with 2010 either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.