Impossible uninstall NOD32 4.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by silvermiri, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silvermiri

silvermiri Registered Member

Hi, everyone,
    I have installed NOD32 v.4.0. When proceeding to update it told me that there was a General Compiler Error. After some seconds I retried to update and there was a message that there is no connection with the update server. After some hours the balloon changed the color and there was a message that NOD could not protect my computer. I uninstalled the NOD and reinstalled it again. At the very begginning of the installation it stopped and there was a message that there is insufficient privileges for installation. Now I can not uninstall the NOD because there is a file missing and access is denied. Please. help me, as I don't know what to do.
    Any help is highly appreciated.
    Thank you

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Try to start the installer and perform Repair install. Reboot in Safe Mode and Uninstall from Start -> Programs -> ESET -> ESET NOD32 Antivirus -> Uninstall

If the above suggestion doesn't help , you can try this tool before the Repair install http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

3. silvermiri

silvermiri Registered Member

Hi, Sir,
    Thank you very much for your kind assistance.
    NOD is not listed in Start->Programs, in Add/Remove and in Installer. I can not perform Uninstall in general. NOD is running from C:\Program files, not functioning. When I want to Uninstall, there is a message "Access denied" because 1file is missing. That make NOD unaccessible. I think my situation is hopeless and I need to proceed to formating the entire hard disk.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

Repair install can be performed with the ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 installer itself . Just download and run the installer file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.