Impossible to remove PestPatrol

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Niels, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niels

Niels Registered Member

I've already tried it to remove by add/remove programs then it disappear from software but when I look in program files PestPatrol is still there but their isn't a uninstaller anymore and I can start PP. My question how can I uninstall it? Should I delete the map and remove all registry entries with regcleaner.

Thanks in advance.

2. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Niels,

Is there no file unpp.exe and/or unwise.exe in your PestPatrol folder anymore?

4. Niels

Niels Registered Member

@FanJ I've looked but no unpp.exe or unwise.exe.
    @Longboard:Ok, I will try that.

Thanks alot for your replies. I realy appreciate it.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It's not unusual for programs to leave remnants of their software behind....which can include registry entries and their Program Files folder.

6. Niels

Niels Registered Member

But by PestPatrol it leaves all the remnants in the program files folder but not the uninstaller. That is not normal. Almost every program when you removed it left registry entries that I already knew. (but thanks for explaining it)

7. tnt

tnt Guest

You could try reinstalling PP, and then try uninstalling it again with the uninstaller in PP itself. Then you still may need to go to C:\program files and manually delete the Pest Patrol folder.

8. muf

muf Registered Member

I had the same problem. And i think i would be right in saying it's version 5 that you have this problem with? If so, do what i did. Remove the folder and all it's contents that it leaves behind. Then install a copy of Total uninstall. http://freeware4u.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=234 Next reinstall PestPatrol. Then uninstall PestPatrol using Total Uninstall. That should get rid of everything. It will tell you if anything is left behind, and you can remove these manually. Should do the trick. :)

muf

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  9. Niels

Niels Registered Member

@muf Yes that's correct. Thanks a lot, I will delete the entire folder and then install total uninstall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.