impossible d'utiliser activesync avec lns

Discussion in 'LnS French Forum' started by dedef, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedef

dedef Registered Member

Quand j'essaye d'utiliser activesync j'ai droit à :
    Echec du démarrage des services de communications essentiels. Réinitialisez l'appareil mobile et reconnectez-vous.

Si je désactive le filtrage logiciel de look'n'stop pas de problème : j'ai donc cherché quel logiciel "interdit" provoquait ce dysfoctionnement. Je les ai pris un à un en transformant le sens interdit en vert et en essayant de me connecter sur activesync : ça n'a rien changé!!!! Mystère, mystère!!!

Par ailleurs, je ne comprends pas pourquoi une liaison entre PC et PDA nécessite un accès à internet.

Quelqu'un peut-il m'apporter ses lumières?
    Merci d'avance.

2. tristantzara

tristantzara Registered Member

Bonjour,

(First of all i have to say, i don't speak french, i'm able to understand a little, learned a little in school, but i'm not able to post in French, i hope this is not a problem/against forum policy or such.. however, i'd like to offer the help since i successfully use active sync and maybe you understand english too, or someone else can offer further help.. :) )

Alright,

1. Have you turned on logging? With the exclamation mark? If something is blocked you would then see it in the log.

2. If i understand correctly it works when you disable application filtering. so maybe it's just a small detail.
    Do you have Anti-Flood enabled? In the options tab, under advanced options? If so, you may try to disable it, because some blocked applications may not show up in the log otherwise.

3. The following applications need access on my machine...
    Active Sync Application - WCESMGR.EXE
    Active Sync Connection Manager - WCESCOMM.EXE
    Active Sync RAPI Manager - RAPIMGR.EXE

There are also one or two DLL's which need to connect. So you may check if these are maybe blocked in options, advanced options, DLL's.

4. What is your configuration for Windows Explorer ? Default, i have denied direct access for explorer.exe, it is only allowed to start applications trying to connect. However, when you use active sync (as soon as the pda gets into the docking station) explorer needs to be allowed. It uses the following here:
    TCP Ports 990, IP 127.0.0.1
    UDP the same

So i just change the state from blocked (red flag) to limited allowance (yellow flag).

I hope this helps somehow, and maybe the problem can be solved.

best regards,

tt

Attached Files:

3. dedef

dedef Registered Member

Tristantzara, thanks a lot for your help : my problem is now solved, but I don't understand how!!!
    Using exclamation mark on the whole application (I did'nt know this function), i saw that "Active Sync Connection Manager - WCESCOMM.EXE" was guilty, although it was flagged green!!!! So I first removed its authorization and accepted it when activesync tried to connect.
    It works!

Now, I would like to limit allowance of windows explorer, but impossible to find yellow flag.

Could you help me a second time?

best regards

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  4. tristantzara

Hello Dedef,

Glad it works, maybe it had something to do with the names in the application tab, you know, there are those short versions for paths like C:\DOKU~1\LOKAL~2\... or something like that, ...

Ok, first you need to activate the advanced mode..
    in options, advanced options...

Attached Files:

5. tristantzara

...then you should be able to doubleclick any application in the application rules tab with further options on how to limit them, which gives them a yellow flag.
    You can also click on edit at the bottom to get the window.

Attached Files:

• 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      124.4 KB
      Views:
  6. tristantzara

Maybe you knew that already and i misunderstood something, but the advanced mode is needed to be able to edit applications.

If you want to restrict your browser, Climenole has written a lot about that on his page. I don't understand so much, but maybe this will be some further help...
    http://climenole.wordpress.com/tag/protocoles-internet/pare-feu/looknstop/

for now, i just restricted my browser with the following:
    TCP
    Ports
    80;443
    IP'S
    (empty - means all allowed)

UDP
    Ports
    IP's
    (the ones from my internet service provider... something like
    62.225.110.104-62.225.110.111)

If you don't know this address range, one possibility is to go to the application tab and click on the exclamation mark again until you get two !!. That shows you all connection this application makes, not only the blocked ones as ! does.
    Then just look at the log and you will see the APP allowed, UDP and an IP address. Right click on the entry and click look, then just copy the address at the bottom, or you can also just type it out and then you can put it for instance here: http://www.dnsstuff.com/ into the WHOIS lookup and you'll get a range for your service provider...
    if you insert it into the editing window in looknstop consider the proper syntax,
    look at the help file, there are examples about all that. you can't leave a space there, so when using copy and paste from the WHOIS lookup change for instance this 62.225.110.104 - 62.225.110.111 to this 62.225.110.104-62.225.110.111 with no space in between...

:)

greetings,

Attached Files:

7. tristantzara

Ok, i misread something, you were asking about windows explorer, not internet explorer, lol, well the same applies there. Just have the advanced options enabled, click until you get the two !! to see in the log tab what the application needs and the just double-click or edit and you can add limitations.. after this i usually change back to ! otherwise the logfile will become so big... in the help section you will also find some info on how to blcok specific ranges for instance...
    for windows explorer and activesync the port will probably be 990 on your machine too,..., when you don't use active sync just click on the yellow flag until it runs red... (functions the other way round too of course..)

8. dedef

dedef Registered Member

I had this problem for 2 months and never found a solution!
    Now, all is clear.
    Thanks a lot.

9. tristantzara

no problem, you're welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.