Important info for those running Superantispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by robinb, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robinb

robinb Registered Member

Superantispyware has upgraded to version 4.35.1002

One of the reasons for the upgrade was for the auto-updater. In version 4.34.1000 and versions 4.35.1000 if you had downloaded and installed any of these versions they were not upgrading to the next version. I found this in 4 new computers I installed both versions on ( 3 for 4.34 and 1 for 4.3.5.1000) running windows 7 home premium and windows 7 Pro.

If anyone is having the same problem use Superantispyware's uninstaller and install version 4.35.1002. You can get the uninstaller here:

http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/1344-superantispyware-uninstallation-assistant/

robin

2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

3. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

I never had any problem with the update feature in the last 2 builds so maybe not everyone had this problem?

TH

4. robinb

robinb Registered Member

maybe you were just lucky, but many did have the problem :)
    robin

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I don't know if this is by design or not, but when I have the GUI open and click check for updates it only checks for definition updates, but when I close the window and right click the SAS icon in the notification area it also checks for program updates, and if there are none, then it also displays a box: no program updates found.

6. robinb

robinb Registered Member

Is this in windows 7 or vista? this problem seems to be only happening in those OS's but it could be in xp too via on the versions i posted above. If it is then you need to use the uninstaller and put on version 4.35.1002

robin

7. NodKiller

NodKiller Registered Member

same, autoupdate didn't work for me with the last two builds... XP Pro SP3

8. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

It's on Vista 32-bit, but as I said, it does work when updating via right-clicking the SAS icon in the Vista notification area, so I've already updated to 4.35.1002

9. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Thanks...I found that I couldn't update through the built in updater, the update didn't show up. Software makers sometimes want you to remove the old instillation for compatibility reasons. So I went to Super Anti-Spyware website and downloaded the software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.