Import feature not working?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by windstrings, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

I exported my settings and then tried to import the same settings on another computer and Nod locks up and you have to "end program" to get it to go away.....

Has anyone else tried this?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I've tried the import option on the same computer and it seems to work if you let it finish. It does seem to draw things to a halt for a moment.

3. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Humm.. Maybe I didn't wait long enough.. but it seemed to be froze since nothing would work and it gave no clue as to what was going on.

I haven't tested it extensively, but when you "export", it immediately ask you for a "file name", yet when you browse to the location where you want to save it, it 'again" ask for for a file name..... if you give it a file name at the first request, I think that is what jams it later when you import it.

It "really" wants a pathway... not a filename.

The way to do it correctly until someone fixes it is to:
    When it first ask you for a filename... ignore it and go to where you want to save it, then at the second request for a name, than its ok to give it a name, after you do, you will see that the space for the first request is now automatically filled with the "pathway" of where you chose along with your filename at the end of that pathway.

As a permanent fix, I suggest totally removing the first option to give a filename as it only confuses the issue and jams the system later when you go to import it since the addition of a filename at the first request actually interferes with the pathway later to be established?

I could be wrong about all this since I haven't tested it extensively, but this is my only hunch at this time.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

"Save as" would probably be easier. On that , I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.