Imon wont start

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kentish, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kentish

Kentish Registered Member

My Imon wont start, but when I try to start it I get an error message saying "an error occoured when registering Imon to the system".

Nothing I know of has changed , other than normal system updates. Adaware had been removed as I know it clashes with Nod32 sometimes. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling, but no difference.

Any ideas?

ps..I,m running XP Pro, fully patched along with ProcessGuard, Regdefend/Appdefend, Regprot, SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster and Netveda (fw)

2. Lamehand

Lamehand Registered Member

the Netherlands,very near to the North sea
    Maybe Regdefend is making trouble when IMON tries to register at startup?

Abe

3. Kentish

Worked fine with it before.

4. Lamehand

Lamehand Registered Member

the Netherlands,very near to the North sea
    I see you use regprot and processguard as well, have you tried to put procesguard in learningmode and to disable regprot at startup?

I say this because i had similar problems with a program not allowing me to change a setting, the reason was regprot somehow didn't allow it, without giving a alert or a other message that it had stopt the change in the registry.

So it is worth a try.

Greetz
    Abe

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  5. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

Could be a winsock related problem.

Check winsock settings with a program that will show exact winsock information.
    I'm using Windows Defender Beta 2 for detailed information.

U can use Winsock XP Fix to fix the problem

Attached Files:

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First you should begin with disabling Regdefend to see if it makes a difference.

7. Kentish

It does'nt.

8. 1969Benz

1969Benz Registered Member

This is also happening to my two computers at home. A few weeks ago I was getting the "IMON failed to start" message - then I reinstalled the product and all seems to be well. Now, on the other computer at home, it has started getting this same message. I came to this forum looking for other people with a similar experience to investigate whether there's something specifically targetting NOD at the moment.

I don't believe it's a coincidence that both my home computers, within a matter of weeks, suffered the same failure to start the IMON process.

Anyone else had this happen? Has the IMON module been updated recently??

Cheers,
    Ben.

PS. Config-wise, I'm running XP Pro SP2 and only use the Windows Firewall and NOD32 as my virus/spyware defenders - which has worked perfectly for months. I haven't downloaded any recent Windows updates, nor made any changes to my firewall settings. I also don't run any of the software that Kentish mentions above.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  9. lifehacker

lifehacker Registered Member

Same thing is happening to me only in my case its with AMON.

10. 1969Benz

1969Benz Registered Member

Actually, now that you mention it, mine was AMON and not IMON as originally stated.

On both machines I have reinstalled and updated the product and all seems to be going well. But I'd still like to know what happened.

Ben.

11. Kentish

Have tried uninstalling, wiping and reinstalling and wont instal, says it has a problem with the English base or something. Only way to get it back is to system restore and then reinstal over the top..but still Imon wont work.
    I shall persist as it is, but I am annoyed it ceases to be problem free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.