IMON slowing Fox video streams

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by partymonkey, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. partymonkey

partymonkey Registered Member

I am running a trial version of NOD32 because I am hoping that it is faster than my current ZoneAlarm Antivirus (which has Kaspersky embedded).

I ran into a problem in streaming videos from www.fox.com. If you select any show to watch a full episode, with IMON on, the video pauses every few seconds. With IMON disabled, it works just fine. There is no separate video player, it's all embedded within the browser and the Fox pages.

I looked at the client compatibility settings, and in my case they are all set to Higher Compatibility. I tried changing a few to higher efficiency, but it still didn't fix the slowdown problem.

Any ideas/suggestions?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

1. Uninstall your current version of NOD32 by visiting Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs

2. Reboot

3. After reboot , manually delete the folder C:\Program files\ESET

4. Perform repairing of Winsock

Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset
    N.B. ! If you use Windows Vista , you must first run cmd as Administrator .

5. After reboot , get version 3 - the newest version:

5.1 Download your (trial version) from www.eset.com/download

5.2 Install the version (no reboot is necessary)

6. Make sure the program updates itself and then press F5 . You'll open the Advanced Setup Tree . Naviagate to web-protection , exclude the web address of where the steaming videos are located

7. Confirm with OK and try again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.