IMON question+Deep system scan question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Hi, I have two questions about NOD2.7 settings.

1) Under 'IMON settings - Miscellaneous', there is a checkbox saying "Use the list of known websites...". Is this list constantly being updated and where can I see what sites ESET has included?

2) The default settings for the 'Deep system scan' profile leaves 'Potentially unsafe applications' unchecked. Is there a reason for this? Can it do harm when I check this under this profile? I use this for regular deep system scans, so I'd like to know if there are any issues in advance.

Blackspear's settings include a detailed config for the on-demand scanner and in those settings all options ARE checked, including 'Potentially unsafe applications'.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it is.

Nowhere

The reason is that detection for potentially unsafe applications covers remote admin tools and commercial keyloggers . Such applications are used in most big companies and detection for them would only do harm in corporate environment . Home users generally don't use this type of application . Thus , one must manually check such detection if necessary.

No , because you are ~typical~ home user :thumb:

3. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

As always, thanks for a clear reply HiTech! :thumb: :thumb:

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

As always :D , you are welcome! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.