IMON Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by BuzzStone, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Registered Member

I started using Nod32 Trial, but IMON would not function properly. I could not connect to the Internet (IE). If I disabled IMON, I could connect to the net. I read some thread where if you ran a WinSock repair program it could fix the problem. It did work, but my Look n Stop firewall would not function properly after that. I liked Nod because of low resource usage and the great reviews, but uninstalled it and went back to BitDefender 9.5. If anyone has a solution I would like to give Nod another shot. I use XP Pro. Is IMON an important function? I realize it scans emails but I'm not too concerned about that, but it mentions HTTP scanning. So if I am on a "dubious" site and it throws a trojan or the like at me, will I still be protected? Having said that, I would still like to have IMON working right.

2. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

If you don't have scripts enabled in your browser, you will be about as well protected with just AMON as you would have with IMON and AMON together.

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

This is not surprising, since the process of repairing can sometimes "break" other firewall or antivirus type programs in the process. Reinstalling the firewall and antivirus programs after repair is usually all that is needed.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

agrreed and someone should point BuzzStone to the bit of blackspear settings about repairing IMON. i cant remember what page it is on.
    lodore

5. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Here is BlackSpear's guide on repairing Winsock.

Note what it says in BlackSpear's guide about that you have to "repair IMON" after applying the Winsock fix. You find this feature in the IMON setup --> Miscellaneous, then under the section labelled in blue as "Network Configuration changes".

6. BuzzStone

Thanks for the info. I have re-installed Nod32 Trial but I still have the same problem. I've done the Winsock fix to no avail. Nod works but Look n Stop doesn't. To see if I like Nod, for now I am just going to use the Windows firewall. Thanks for the help.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi BuzzStone, welcome to Wilders.

Did you run the WinsockXPfix tool and then "Repair IMON"? As this should have resolved your issue. I run both NOD32 and Look n Stop together without an issue.

Cheers :D

8. BuzzStone

I have the problem solved! It was as alglove suggested, uninstall and reinstall LnS. I will be using your excellent guide Blackspear. Thank you all very much.

9. Blackspear

Good to see and you are welcome.

10. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

does installing NOD32 always trash internet-connectivity to where you have to run "winsockrepair" after installing the program?

11. Blackspear

No not at all, further information HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.