IMON problem(?) in trial

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kailasa108, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kailasa108

kailasa108 Registered Member

Greetings,
    I just downloaded a trial of NOD32 - it's getting major publicity here in HK, so I thought I'd check it out. (I've been beta-ing the new KIS 6.0 and it can "KIS" me goodbye!) :thumbd:

Anyway, when I have everything on in IMON, I get a strange "Incorrect request" screen saying that my browser has made an bad request for a URL when I try to move around from the main Yahoo page or login to my Yahoo account.

When I turn the HTTP checking off in IMON - no problems.

Why the heck is this happening?

BTW - I'm running XPPro SP2 with all updates and IE7 with all updates. Using Outpost FW with SpyDoc and SpyBot

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello .

Make sure you have applied all Windows updates including the Internet Explorer one + this one. Make sure Phishing filter is disabled in IE7's options .

Then repair Winsock and reload IMON after that.To do this
    Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

Note that there is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications (at least) Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) are set on Higher compatibility

Try to run Internet Explorer without any add-ons .

Good luck ! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It could have something to do with higher efficiency mode set for your browser in the IMON setup. In this mode, each file is downloaded by IMON first, and after it's been checked it's passed to the browser. This approach might cause problems with certain websites, but the issue can be circumvented by switching your browser to higher compatibility mode, or by adding a particular website to the list of HTTP servers requiring higher compatibility mode.

4. kailasa108

My thanks to you both!

HiTech_boy: I'm not sure how I "reregister" IMON. I'm new to NOD32.

Then I'll apply those changes and see what happens

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Kailasa108 , after you repair Winsock , IMON will need to reregister . After rebooting the machine and after you open NOD32 Control Center - IMON you'll notice how to reregister it . Hope that helps!

6. kailasa108

Yiippee-kai-yo!! It's working! And I'm even still using the phishing filter and add-ons in IE7. Looks like I'll be buying a license here soon! :D

Thank you much. Now, a question, if you would... All the other programs that are listed in IMON's browser listings - (I recognized all but one) - should those be set to "higher efficiency" for good measure? They are mainly all the programs I have running that update themselves or access the Internet.

Thanks again!

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !

Yes , the programs listed there are ones that use HTTP . Leave them as default - in Higher compatibility .

You might use your browser in Higher efficency to be more secure but if it makes you problems , then leave on Higher compatibility . In both cases , AMON with its anti-stealth technology and advanced heuristics will protect you in both cases :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.