IMON - Outlook Express -> ERROR when trying to send digitally signed email

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pia_luigi, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pia_luigi

pia_luigi Registered Member

Hi all.

I wonder if anybody has the same problem.

PROBLEM:
    After installing NOD32 v2.51.20 I can't send digitally signed emails from Outlook Express. The result is an Outlook Express internal error message.
    http://home.pia.si/anonymous/luigi/NOD32_signedEmail_error.gif

I found out that the problem is in module IMON - POP3. The only thing that helps, is turning OFF POP3 checking. But with that you get antivirus software that does not check you emails - what's the point than.
    I even try setting the compatibility in POP3 checking to LOW and it didn't help.

---------------------------------------------------------
    ESET, if you're reading this. My company purchased 10 licences. If this thing doesn't get resolved we will request a refund because of a malfunctioning product.
    Our local NOD32 support doesn't have a clue what's wrong and sugested using Outlook instead. Not an elegant solution - and a pricey one. Not an option!

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I for one think that this is odd because IMON checks HTTP and POP3 - aren't you using SMTP to send with?
    IMON normally only checks incoming emails.

3. pia_luigi

pia_luigi Registered Member

That gave me an idea. I have uninstalled NOD32 and the problems persisted. Hmm, definitly something wrong with the Outlook itself.

SOLUTION:
    Remove the certificate you are using for signing emails and then install it again. Be sure to select HIGH level of security during the installation!!! I don't know wheather the problem was that previosly I had only MEDIUM level of security or it was just a random glitch. I definitly know one thing. Siging went off during the first installation of NOD32. Like installation of NOD itself broke something in Outlook Express.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.