IMON & Opera M2 mail client

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dee, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dee

dee Registered Member

Opera's been my default browser almost from the start, but I've never used its mail client. And I use Becky as my email client & my pop3 mail is scanned by IMON.

From what I've read in these threads, it seems as though IMON will automatically work with M2. But paranoia's my middle name, & I'd like to be sure of this before I use M2.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Be sure to read the help file for Imon included with NOD. No reason why it shouldn't work.

While the role of AMON is to provide real-time, resident, anti-virus monitoring of a system and user actions, the IMON module serves as an anti-virus monitor of traffic between the system and the outside world (Internet).

IMON's primary role is to monitor incoming email. The key advantage of IMON, compared to its predecessor (POP3 scanner), is its ease of use. There is virtually no setup necessary since this module is email client independent. IMON works on the winsock level.

3. DiGi

DiGi Registered Member

If you are using POP3 connection then IMON will scan Opera's M2 incoming mails too - with no configuration ;)

4. dee

dee Registered Member

Thanks a lot for the reassurance, guys - I wasn't going to use M2 until I was absolutley sure of this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.