Imon issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by krizz, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krizz

krizz Registered Member

hmm...what a difficult words to say =p
    why does IMON slow down my internet? is it safe if turn it off for a moment? (while downloading)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Krizz, welcome to Wilders.

Can you please try a "Repair" as found in post number 40 here. Failing this please try fixing Winsock as in post number 81 here.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. krizz

krizz Registered Member

its ok now! thanks!

before i use nod32 i used norton, once my cpu got infected by w32.spyware.worm and w32.spybot.worm, but in [www.nod32.com] i saw the virus list and didint find w32.spyware.worm and w32.spybot.worm, is this mean the definitions are not complete, does that mean if those two virusses infected my cpu nod32 cant handle ito_O these two are very annoying!

recently my cpu infected by w32.lovegateZ.worm, the nod alert window always appear repeatedly saying that the file has been moved to quarantine, its very annoying, i mean i know that the virus alredy quarantined but the alert windows still showed up. after i restart then run a scan no virusses were found and no alert window anymore, whyo_O

why some certain virusses that exist in nod32 definitions still cannot be deleted (thus moved to quarantine)?

usuallly virus infects part of system32, it sticks to one part (for instance: stvic.exe, forgot the name :p ), when i used norton, i run a scan, a virus detected (trojan.startpage) and deleted but after the scan that virus always appear again, and so a read a tutorial from symantec's site, i followed it, turn off system restore, restart in safe mode, run a scan, and it works!!! :eek: the virus was detected and then deleted forever! after that i restart, and find a a window notifiication that was really shocking, after i read it, i realized that not only the virus that got deleted but also part of system32 that was infected by it, and this cause my cpu become unstable and quite slow, so is there a safe way to delete only the virus and not the part infectedo_O

thats all, sorry for the loooooong question! thanks!

4. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi krizz:

Each vendor uses their own naming convention. For example:

Backdoor.Rbot.j (Kaspersky Lab) is also known as: W32/Spybot.worm.dam (McAfee), W32.Spybot.Worm (Symantec), Win32.HLLW.MyBot.based (Doctor Web), W32/Rbot-Fam (Sophos), IRC/BackDoor.SdBot.30.Y (Grisoft), Backdoor.SDBot.Gen (SOFTWIN), Trojan.Mybot.gen-77 (ClamAV), W32/Gaobot.gen.worm (Panda), NewHeur_PE (Eset)

When this list was written, NOD32 picked it up without a specific signature using advanced heuristics. It is probably named by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.