IMON interfering with Groove 2007

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Balthazor, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balthazor

Balthazor Registered Member

I'm a new and happy user of NOD32. As soon as the trial is over I'm purchasing. Norton 2007 failed to protect my system from a major virus attack, and it was a resource hog, so as soon as I installed Vista I switched to NOD 32.

However, the IMON module of NOD32 is preventing Microsoft Office Groove 2007 from contacting the public Microsoft provisioning and relay servers used by Groove. I have to add Groove 2007 to the exceptions list in order to get Groove functioning properly.

I sent a note to ESET; hopefully they can fix that so Groove is compatible with IMON. I don't like having to have a program excepted from the IMON module, particularly when that program is designed for peer-to-peer file sharing. Even among small groups I would prefer to have full scanning functions available.

This is just a heads up to any Groove users out there that keep seeing the 'provisioning server is not contactable' message (or something similar.) To fix it, add Groove.exe to the exceptions list of the IMON module in NOD32, restart the Groove program (completely shut it down and restart it), then create a new Groove account. Your old account won't work, but new ones should, as long as Groove.exe is on the exception list.

Regards,

Andrew Balthazor

2. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

Good to know, and thanks for the tip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.