Imon Infra Enterprise web application

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by reflux, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reflux

reflux Registered Member

I am having a problem with NOD and a web application called Infra. The problem is that the app uses a wrapper with some dlls, I can't find a way to exclude the dlls without disabling all dlls. The other problem is that it looks like the dll is run from the web site and not locally.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi reflux,

If you wish to try exclude dll's in IMON you can try the following if you wish:

Open NOD32 Control Center
    Navigate to IMON --> Setup --> Miscelaneous tab --> Edit --> Add
    Type *.dll and click Open
    Screenshot - 24_10_2006 , 11_01_34 AM_ver001.png
    Then you should be able to browse to and find the dll you wish to exclude.

edit: And much like with AMON I usually choose to exclude by entering both the short and long filenames as described here (and mention of some useful free :D tools).

Cheers :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  3. reflux

reflux Registered Member

The problem is now that the dll is located in a temporary internet folder under their local profile so it would be different for each user.

Shame you cannot do specific url exclusions.

Cheers

4. NOD32 user

On any server OS, IMON is disabled by default. This is often necessary also for server type applications running on a workstation due to the nature of the internal traffic that they generate and use to function. It should be possible in most cases to still make use of IMON through advanced configuration, but maybe this is where you are at?

If you could find out the file extensions used in request by your application it may be possible to disable 'Scan All Files' in IMON and then not include this extension in the list of those to be scanned?

Let us know how you go.

5. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I think reflux means that now that IMON is ignoring this file, AMON complains about the .dll file once it reaches the Temporary Internet Files folder on the hard drive. Creating AMON exclusions for those can be a real pain, since each user has a separate user profile, and worse, the actual filename can change over time, as the internet cache kicks out the old entries.

6. NOD32 user

Hi alglove,
    Thanks for your input. After re-reading carefully the entire thread I still do not understand what you mean.

7. reflux

reflux Registered Member

OK I will try and explain it properly.

We use a call logging program called Infra, it's web based. Everytime a page is updated IMON scans the site and slows down the functionality. The files required are downloaded everytime the app starts and are located in the users profile, so it is different for every user eg.

c:\documents and settings\USERNAME\Local Settting\Application Data\Internet Explorer\Temporary Internet Files\

The only way I can get around it is to disable IMON on the client PC, there are only 10 pc's that suffer from this but it means all other internet surfing is unprotected. Ideally I would like to be able to exclude this one site from being scanned at all, I know you can exclude files and folders but unless you can change the a file location to use an evironment variable like %username% nothing else seems to work.

Cheers

8. alglove

alglove Registered Member

^ That's what I meant! ;)

9. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Is there an incompatibility between IMON and the Infra web application, e.g., Infra does not run when the IMON module is resident, or is IMON detecting a virus in the .DLL files deployed by the Infra web application?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.