IMON http-high efficiency is useless

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jaska, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

IMON http-scanning in higher efficiency mode (specially browsers) is giving me so much problems I must turn everything to higher compatability. Downloadmanagers are not working properly, first NOD downloads a file with a crawling speed and when it is done download manager pops up and downloads the file once again!
    Many websites are not working with higher efficiency, like Finnish www.telkku.com. And as I use Maxthon browser I can open a group of websites simultaneously, but with IMON HE some of the sites are not downloaded umtil I push the reload-button.
    Because there is still so uch problems with IMON-concept I hope that ver.3 has a working http-scanning system. I have tried Kerio Winroute (way too expensive to buy), and it has a internet monitor that works, it does not slow down the connections, but it scans real time all the dataflow coming to my computer and interrupting the connection before the malware has reached my machine. I hope ESET guys can make something similar.

2. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I have never had any issues with current version. Download managers should be set to Higher Compatibility because of the way they work. I tried opening that site you gave here and it was openned correctly. I use Internet Explorer and everything except for Windows-UPDATE-AGENT and windows media player and download manager is set to High Efficiency..

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The current HTTP scanner in IMON actually works. The thing is that download managers and streaming media players must be set to higher compatibility mode by design. Also some websites might require HC mode, hence IMON provides an option to set HC mode for particular websites.

4. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

www.telkku.com seems to load ok first time I load it but pushing reload-button or loading it again (partly from the cache?) it is messed up. I think the problem is caused by images.telkku.com - site where the banners come from.

And as I said IMON is partly unusable just with download managers, quite often virus come just with downloaded files, and I think it would be nice if they were scanned while they arrive just like Kerio Winroutes antivirus-part does.

Otherwise NOD32 is a fine product and does it job.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  5. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Works perfect here.
    You might wanna experiment with the http settings a bit like I did. Stops all nasties dead cold, loads pages fast.

6. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

Yes, but editing the list is far from easy. There is a huge amount of mystic entries and applications Like ISUA 3.1/wa, VCSoapClient (has this one something to do with the stuff I wash my hands with in the toilet??), and Mozilla which has 4 versions mentioned and 42 programsumder them! For an unexperienced user it is impossible to know what to set Higher efficiency.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Well, that's not a problem IMON how particular applications identify themselves. IMON just shows the information it receives from these apps.

8. Brian N

That's the client list you are looking at ...
    Go to IMON > Setup > HTTP > and look below where it says 'Larger file download settings' ...

Try entering 500KB in the first box and disable the second one. Works perfect here.
    It will kill all the nasties & still let you download/stream larger files with ease.

Note: If you are on a slow connection you might wanna lower that number to 50-100KB.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  9. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I can't help but wonder if theres a reason for setting a size and time limit on downloads, but it does work. I've had the modified settings for a while now.

10. Brian N

It's for slow & fast connections.. The devs have no idea if you are using a 56k modem or a T3 cable & above :)
    They just try to make it work with everything. Tough job I might say.

11. Brian N

Because it's made for experts... They are releasing a new V3 for the common people, so have no fear :) Brian is here!!
    err .. to help ? :p

12. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

It seems that these settings helped.
    Thank You!:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.